CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Week 10: Mended Hearts, Eternal Ties

Day 5: The Intimacy of the Holy of Holies

"Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house, of you holy temple" Psalm 65:4

Can you believe that we can enter the Holy of Holies. We have learned from the very beginning of this study of how God longs to dwell and fellowship with us. Because of the sacrifice that he made on the cross, all believers today have personal access to God's presence everywhere and at any given time - Did you hear that... Anytime, anywhere, anyplace - that is how our God works! We are NEVER alone, he will not forsake us!

I have to say that this study has been a blessing at this time in my life. Just when I felt myself pulling away, God reeled me back in - and boy am I ever grateful in this whole process and for all of you!

Beth said, "If you stop short of a willingness to fellowship in His sufferings, you stop short of the indescribable experience of His holy of holies." Oh how I long to fellowship with him. I want to be on the "High" of loving and experiencing God all the time, not just during the tough times in my life. I want to be able to do it anytime, anyplace, and anywhere - just"Because".

I have had questions of my own, mainly due to a recent family death. I knew that Sara's husband, Shane has a true passion for the book of Revelation, which can sometimes be confusing to me. So I emailed him this passed week about somethings that needed to be cleared up. (Which he blew me away with his responses). One of the verses he gave me was the exact one that Beth Moore quoted.

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.' He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!' Then he said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true'" Revelation 21: 3-5

Conclusion

I am concluding this study today, which has been amazing in so many way. I know that Sara and Meghan feel this very same way. It couldn't have come at a better time in our lives. If you have any questions that may have come up throughout this study feel free to email us at womenseekinghim@hotmail.com, email Justin Wood at jwood@midriverscc.org, or email Shane Wood at shane@shanejwood.com

We are planning to do another study sometime in January. We are working out the details with schedules now, so we will let you all know when the plans are finalized. We thank you for all your hard work and efforts. We pray that this study has touched you as it has us. Just as Beth stated, "If you dare enter, you will never be the same. Nor will anyone around you."

Love In Christ,
Sarah

3 comments:

Sara said...

sarah, thank you for the final post! what a great 10 weeks this has been!!! it has been awesome being on the journey to know our Lord more with you and everyone else who joined in!!

this study has more than a blessing to me at this time in my life. thank you for suggesting all of this, sarah!! i look forward to growing in the Lord alongside you and all the other sisters out there!

praise God for His community!

Tammy said...

Bravo to all three of you lovely ladies!THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for your preparation and hard work....I have really been enlightened, and uplifted..I know that my "pitcher" is full again! I have to say that I have seen a side of ALL 3 of you that has inspired me and encouraged me more than you will ever know! I'm thankful for your transparency, honesty, and your wisdom...I am SO proud of you! You all are SPECIAL and God is using you in a BIG way...keep it up! Love you!

Meghan said...

Great job, girls...and great post, Sarah! I'm looking forward to the next study!