CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hearts Beyond the Veil

Day Three: The Ark of the Testimony

Therefore brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:19-22

The day has arrived! We finally got to part the veil and humbly enter the inner sanctum to gaze upon the ark of the covenant! I can't wait to learn more about this most awesome of structures in the coming lessons.

Today we learned that the main task of the ark of the testimony was to preserve God's Witness. His Glory with them at all times in the wilderness and beyond. And taking a long look back to the beginning of our study, we see that this was the first piece of furniture God instructed the Israelites to make for the tabernacle. Beth Moore gave some insight into this saying, "He began with the place of His presence because communication starts with God and ends with people. God always approaches us before we can approach Him!"

Have you ever really considered this? We get to approach God because He first approached us - we can't do anything apart from Him! This bible study has been timely for me in so many ways, and even though it seemed like initially I chose to do it of my own accord, it has continually been revealed to me as we dig further into this study just how much His Hand was at work - it was no accident that we happened to pick this particular study with which to start our blog! There is no better explanation other than He is always working out His will - enabling us, enticing us to grow closer and deeper in relationship with Him.

Think back on either your initial salvation or restoration after a time of wandering. Describe ways God drew you closer to Himself.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry ladies. I'm a bit behind due to family coming into town and birthday planning.

Anyway, after I had my kiddos I pulled back from a lot of the functions as church. It was hard juggling everything with two kids. And when trying to do things with my kids around (like small group) I didn't get anything out of it because I couldn't concentrate. It was beyond frustrating.

There are many other reasons why my relationship with God was struggling. So I began racking my brain as to how I could do a Bible study and not have to worry about child care. I love to blog - so why not do a Bible Study blog. I knew it would be a lot for just me to handle, so I asked two of my friends to help me out - and they have been more than amazing!! (Thank you ladies). Meghan, I am right there with you about how timely this study has been. There were days that I know God was speaking directly to me through this study, and the feeling is unfathomable. So it is through this time, with you ladies, that I feel God has restored my time of wondering, and I know that I have grown so much through this study!

Leah said...

Sarah, this Computer Bible Study is a great Idea, I hope U continue this for Years to come, cause its an Awsome way for People that can't get out of the House that wanna do a Bible Study, I learned alot from it and My Comments I try to keep then on Topic, If not let Me know OK.