CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Hearts Beyond the Veil

Day Four: God on the Move

Today we looked at God's design plan for building the ark of the covenant and gained some insight into what the building materials He requested represented.

Acacia Wood: Christ's incorruptible humanity
Gold: His deity
Together: the unity of incorruptible man and God

Also, the ark was formed in three layers.

Outside: Gold, represented God the Father
Center: Wood, represented God the Son
Inside: Gold, represented the Holy Spirit

At the four corners of the ark were golden rings that held the two poles which were used by the Levite priests to transport the ark from place to place. They were to never be removed for any reason.

These poles had two major purposes, as we learned in today's lesson.

Purpose #1: They were used to ensure proper transport of the ark. We read a very striking story in 1 Chronicles 13-16 about what happened when the ark was carried in a manner disobedient to the guidelines God laid out for the Israelites. Lesson learned: Always seek the Word of God when doing anything!

Purpose #2: God wanted to be on the move with the Israelites. The poles were a constant reminder that God chose to travel in community with His people, shunning a more permanent dwelling place in a temple as we read in 2 Samuel 7:1-6. Lesson learned: He is constantly seeking relationship with His people!

Think of times you have acted on your own impules rather than seeking direction from God's Word. What should your plan of action be when you have decisions to make?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah... I'm caught up now!!

Think of times I have acted on my own impulse rather than seeking direction from God's word... Everyday!

I am an impulse person on some things, and completely opposite on others.

The one thing that stands out to me is when Kris and I bought two new cars within 6 months of each other - while I was pregnant with our first child. This was totally impulsive and I honestly don't remember praying about it a single time. Little did I know that these car payments would haunt me and actually keep me from being a total "stay at home mom".

Of course I want all the "New" things out there. Of course I would LOVE the new GMC Acadia or a new house, but I've actually prayed about these things, and God is telling me Not right now - be content with what you have!

Just as Beth said, "Listen carefully. God often whispers."

And just as Isaiah 30:21 says, No matter which direction we go, we will always hear his voice. He will never leave us!

Sara said...

i can't exactly "catch up" at this point, so i'm just moving forward... but i have often thought, you know about God whispering and stuff, that He does it so we will truly be listening! plus, what do we usually do when someone yells--i lose a bit of respect because most often it's done out of anger or a need to control or whatever. God is a gentlemen, and He whispers so that we will actually listen! (that's my opinion anyway....) we have to stop, and make an effort to listen! it's not exactly easy, but it has always been worth it in my estimation!!!

Leah said...

Sara-can I just say at My Work Boone Center (People with Dephelopemental Dsiabilities) Work at, Its nice and all, but it takes alot,alot of Patiants to be there! We also have Supervisors that I guess easily Eritated with People froom B.C.I! but I try My Hardest to be Patiant LOL its not easy though LOL!