CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Welcome

Welcome ladies to a day of new beginnings. I have highly anticipated this day and I am so glad that it is finally here. I pray this study not only open your minds, but opens your hearts as well.

I will not be posting everyday, but the other ladies might be posting throughout the week. I recommend conversing through the comments at the bottom of each post. On Friday I will post a weekly summary. It is there that I will also comment on some of the conversations that are brought up among you all, along with addressing any questions. If you don't want to put your question in a comment email them to
womenseekinghim@hotmail.com.
If I (we) can't answer them we will find out the answer for you. We have incredible resources!


Now, as for the today's study: An Empty Garden (Day 1)

I found it so incredibly interesting that God thrives on fellowshiping with us, his children. I am one that thrives on fellowshiping with friends and family myself. I just feel that there is one relationship that has been lacking on my part and that's my relationship with God. This is why I feel that lately I have been seeking him with more desire than ever. And then I read page 12,

Just as God sought the fellowship of His first children in the garden, He chooses yours. Right here and now. Whatever state you're in. The God of the universe is seeking you. (Beth Moore, 2007)

He is seeking us even more than we are Women Seeking Him!

5 comments:

Sara said...

you're right! it is SO wonderful that God pursues this fellowship with us. what a fresh reminder as we begin this study that God is pursuing us even as we are pursuing him! and he LONGS for fellowship with us! how awesome, truly awesome!!...

Meghan said...

I think it's wonderful too! I get kind of weepy (I know, weird for unemotional me) sometimes when I think of just how amazing the fact is that he longs for a relationship with us - that he pursues us so patiently and unwaveringly.

Don't you love that he never turns away from us...even if we do?

Maeve said...

I think that I underlined the part that you quoted. I am glad that Beth started the study out this way. It really revealed to me a need to follow through so I can restart my close relationship with Him. I have definately put the start of my love relationship above the continuance and growth of my God relationship. But it is clear that God is waiting for me to draw closer to Him again.

Emily said...

It is so easy to forget that God longs for that fellowship and closeness. How often do I put him off because other things take my time, forgetting that he is sitting right there, waiting, longing for the relationship. This is a reminder that it is a two way street, not just me going to God.

Unknown said...

I'm really excited about starting this study. I was given this book a few months ago, so when I saw that this was the book you were doing, I wondered if God wasn't just putting an opportunity in front of me. I loved the opening study because I felt God was pursuing me and inviting me to enter in his word and draw near to him. I need that right now. We are traveling a lot and my life and schedule are crazy. (I'm a scheduled person that thrives on being organized.) I love the reminder that God is using this time to fellowship with me, no matter where I am.