CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Woman's Heart - God's Dwelling Place

Have you ever wanted to take part in a bible study only to find that the time and place weren't convenient or childcare was an issue? Or maybe you just plain don't have room in your schedule right now to get together and actually meet with a group of people? Well, we want to try something that's a little different than what you might expect when you think of typical bible study. We want to use this blog as a means to bring women together who might not have time to meet in a regular bible study but still want to be part of one.

We would love for you to join us on our journey to grow a deeper relationship with God through studying His Word together!

Here's how it will work:

The study we will be doing is Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart - God's Dwelling Place. You can order the book here or here. There are five days of homework for each week that you will complete on your own throughout the week. Once a week (probably on Friday or Saturday), we will put a post up with reflections, thoughts, and additional questions regarding that specific week on the blog. We're hoping to use the comment section of the post as sort of a discussion forum where you can interact with the other ladies doing the study. Please feel free to join in the discussion even if you decide not to purchase a book!

Just a side note: We won't be using the video portion with this study, but if you feel you'd still like to view the videos in addition to your workbook study, you can purchase them to watch on your own here for $4.99.

It's a ten week study. Our target start date is September 15th which would put our end date at November 22nd. Sometime prior to the 15th, please let us know in the comments section at the bottom of this post or even by e-mail if you plan on doing the study with us. If you have any additional questions regarding the study that haven't been covered here, please feel free to leave those in the the comments or by e-mail as well.

We are so excited to begin delving into God's Word!

20 comments:

Nancy S. said...

Yay! This is such a good idea, ladies! I'm in!

Heather said...

I want to join in too. I have been looking for something like this. I need the accountablity of a group. Thanks ladies for starting this!

Jacqueline said...

This is great! I am in as well! Thanks for doing this!!!

Jen said...

I am excited; it is a great way to have a Bible study.
Jen

Anonymous said...

This sounds great, I'm excited

Emily said...

Count me in! I love that you are doing this!

Michal said...

Wow! The timing couldn't be better. I can't wait to get to know ya'll better over the next few months. I ditto everyone else's THANKS!

Pamela said...

sounds like a great opportunity, i think i might have to try this!

Brandy said...

This is just what I needed!!!!Great idea!! Thanks ladies!!!

Maeve said...

Thank you for organizing this!

CH Ramey said...

I am going to order the book right now!

Kacie said...

I already emailed sara w., but I'm in too- and looking forward to it!

Anya said...

I'm in....this is exactly what I need right now!

Mike, Eskai, Sarai and Jadon said...

Thanks for inviting me girls! I can completely identify with the desire to be apart of something like this but just not able to make it fit into the family schedule. Looking forward to the upcoming weeks and how God is going to use us to encourage and stretch one another!

Maeve said...

I got my book! I think I'll get started this week because I always seem to fall a little behind on busy weeks.

Nancy said...

Great idea!

Haley said...

I'm Maeve's friend. She invited me. I think this is such a great idea! I'm gonna go find the book and join in!

Jen said...

I have really enjoyed getting a handle on the geneology of the first people and also remembering the fact that God made us to be with him always. That was his orignal plan before the Fall and that is his plan for the future.

Leah said...

I also think this Is a Wonderful way to get People into like a Bible Study, even if its Online

Jen said...

The heart question about considering my faith and its effect on my children reminded me of when I got pregnant with my first baby Autumn. I had previously attended MRCC, but then Eric and I moved out to Marthasville and had not found another church. I was still reading my bible, perhaps more of a habit I had gotten into, the reading that is, without the doing so much. I remember how convicted i felt just thinking that my baby might not ever love Jesus because of me; because I sat home on Sundays, and even though I read the Bible and prayed, I was not listening to God, I was not involved in fellowship, and most importantly, I was not talking with others about him. That is when I decided to go to church the upcoming Sunday. I chose a nondenominational church near our home. Eric was not ready to go yet, so I went alone. And of course, i was obviously pregnant (I look very pregnant by three months). I remember feeling very awkard going to church by myself, a pregnant woman, thinking most people were probably thinking I was an unwed mother to be. But by the end of the service, I could not wait to go back because everyone was so nice to me; an no one seemed to judge me or ask me uncomfortable questions. Since then I have been much more diligent about my walk with
God aware of the fact that I am an example for my children.
Jen